Are you looking for a dynamic team where the human dimension is highlighted? Are you driven by success, engagement, business growth, and developing your full potential with multiple career opportunities? Do you want to join this leader in his field of activity? Join the team to develop your potential and eventually access the succession plan to many opportunities.
Our client, multinational and world leader in paper industry has mandated us to recruit an exceptional leader in one of its fast-growing business units to fill the position of Technical Expert Director.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Technical Expert Director will be responsible for the management and accountability of all major projects within the division. He/she will also be responsible for the capital projects budget for the entire group as well as the development of medium and long term investment strategies. He/she will also coordinate all corporate projects to be implemented within the group and will be responsible for delivering the results. The selected candidate may also be deployed to a specific plant on a performance improvement mandate on one or more pieces of equipment as needed. The candidate will also be expected to keep abreast of new technologies available and validate if they can be implemented within the group. He/she will have to establish solid relationships with our equipment suppliers and establish the link with our plant management.
- Execute major projects on time while respecting approved budgets and support the ownership and training of the operations team;
- Provide solid diagnosis of business process improvements;
- Provide recommendations and improvements based on your diagnostics;
- Share knowledge specific to your field of expertise;
- Comply with Company’ business objectives;
- Apply the best practices in effect;
- Respect the control points established in each project from the beginning of the mandate to the end of the project through the different steps of the project management process;
- Respect the budget and deadlines of the projects;
- Ensure the quality of the work entrusted to you.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of project management experience;
- Have a PMP or MBA (an asset);
- Be fluently bilingual;
- Have a strong ability to positively influence partners and clients and guide them towards best practices;
- Have the necessary openness to acquire an in-depth knowledge of the needs of partners and clients;
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to rally teams around common goals;
- Have the drive to inspire your teams to respect standards, budgets and deadlines;
- Be highly organized and skilled in the use of project management tools.
- Have the ability to apply your expertise and knowledge to realistic approaches;
- Have the desire to share your knowledge generously to serve our partners and clients;
- Be available to travel in North America.
Our client offers excellent compensation, a profit-sharing, a long-term career management plan, a full range of benefits, etc.
If you want to take up this challenge and be part of a dynamic team in an exceptional work environment focused on sharing knowledge and valuing individual and collective successes, and you think you can make a difference, you are what we are looking for!
Please send us your curriculum vitae by email as soon as possible in complete confidentiality to: email@example.com or contact me at (514) 879-8700 ext. 200.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Our client offers equal employment opportunities to everyone.