Are you ready to challenge your professional development for a Canadian multinational leader in Pulp & Paper industry ? Are you looking for a dynamic team where the human capital is highlighted ? Are you driven by success, commitment, business growth, and personal success? Join this team to develop your career potential.
Our client, multinational and leader in the Pulp & Paper industry recognized by the quality of its products internationally, assigned us to recruit an exceptional leader in one of its business units to fill the position of PRODUCTION MANAGER.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Manager is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the paper machine, ensuring that all regulatory and developmental needs of the departments are met and that all activities are conducted in accordance with the company operating philosophy.
- Work with LCT (Line Centrix Team), coordinators and operators to ensure instructions are followed as per plan for the day;
- Make sure production targets are met;
- Ensure troubleshooting steps are taking place to correct losses or operational/quality upsets. (Making sure the available troubleshooting checklists are being used);
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting checklists;
- Ensure proper operating procedures are in place and communicated;
- Develop operating procedures that incorporate best practices;
- Identify sources of production losses and develop plans to correct them;
- Work with the manager to ensure proper supplies are in place for the operation (doctor blades, etc.).
- Identify maintenance requirements of the area and develop operating plans to allow work to be performed efficiently;
- Work with maintenance personnel and operations to set up regular maintenance shuts;
- Ensure pre-shut tasks are completed so that all things are in place prior to shutdowns.
Safety (Departmental compliance with all site safety programs) & Environment
- Ensuring a hazard assessment is completed and reviewed with respective workers prior to commencing any non-routine tasks;
- Ensuring that the (safe) standard operating procedures are reviewed with the respective workers prior to commencing any routine tasks that are performed infrequently by respective individual(s);
- Participate in Safety Meetings and Daily Tool Box talks Follow the manager’s plans to improve performance of area processes and provide feedback;
- Ensure that quality requirements are met.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or chemical engineering or other relevant training equivalents;
- A minimum of 10 years experience of production experience and 5+ years of production management experience;
- Knowledge of the Pulp and Paper industry is required
- English speaking & written is a must also
- Have innovative ideas and good communication skills;
- Demonstrate leadership and be organized;
- We have 2 positions to fill, one based in the province of Quebec and one based in Ontario.
Our client believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
The use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
If you are at the peak of your profession and enjoy being part of a team evolving in a dynamic environment and are focused on business growth, please submit in confidence your resume in Word or PDF format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our client is oriented toward Equity in Employment.