Our client, Vitalité Health Network, is a regional health authority that delivers and manages health care and services throughout northern and southeastern New Brunswick. The Network is unique in the country in that it is managed in French. It has close to 60 points of service within its territory and offers the population a range of health care and services in the official language of their choice. The network has approximately 7,700 full-time and part-time employees, 560 physicians, including 259 specialists, and 800 volunteers. The network’s budget was $704 million (excluding Medicare) in 2021-2022. Points of service are spread across the country: 11 hospitals, including 5 regional and 6 community hospitals, 9 health centers, 5 clinics, 10 community mental health centers, 4 addiction treatment centers, 2 veterans’ centers, and 11 public and sexual health offices. The Network’s geographic areas are divided as follows Acadie-Bathurst Zone which corresponds to the Bathurst region and its surroundings as well as the Acadian Peninsula; Beauséjour Zone which corresponds to the Moncton region and its surroundings; Northwest Zone located on the border of Maine (United States) and Quebec and which corresponds to the Edmundston region and its surroundings; Restigouche Zone located on the border of Quebec, along the Restigouche River and the Baie des Chaleurs and which corresponds to the Campbellton region and its surroundings.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Employee Experience, the incumbent directs, plans, and coordinates consulting support to Vitalité Health Network in the management of their human resources, the management of labour relations, litigation and complaints, the management of compensation and HR information systems. As the employer’s representative, the incumbent carries out various mandates aimed at maintaining a positive work climate through the rigorous application of policies, procedures and working conditions in effect, and plays an influential role with managers on all aspects of human resources management. The incumbent directly manages business partners, support staff and the HR compensation and analytics team. In addition, he/she will work closely with other HR Managers as well as with all managers across the network. You will manage a team of 39 people.
Main duties and responsibilities
– Ensure the deployment and evolution of the business partners’ services to all zones in terms of coaching and support towards strategic human resources management;
– Advise the Vice President Employee Experience and senior management by proposing, developing and management programs in the areas of labour relations, total compensation and HR analytics;
– Ensure the development, administration and management of the various HR information systems to ensure their integrity and relevance to the needs of the organization;
– Ensure the development of HR data dashboards and provide support in the production and analysis support for senior management and various bodies;
– Support managers to ensure that human resources management is compatible with the organization’s philosophy;
– Ensure the management of total compensation and provide recommendations in order to ensure a competitive positioning of the organization according to the different legal frameworks and the organization’s capabilities;
– Make, when required, the presentation of various files to the members of the executice leadership team;
– Assume responsibility for labour relations activities with managers in order to improve human resources management in compliance with the collective agreements;
– Maintain a relationship of trust with the unions, manage the negotiation process, administering agreements reached between the union parties and the employer, interpreting clauses relating to working conditions and supporting managers in labour relations;
– Manage a team of dedicated professionals, ensure their development and mobilization while implementing the new HR structure in a collaborative spirit towards the achievement of common objectives.
– Undergraduate degree in industrial relations or human resources management;
– Master’s degree in industrial relations or human resources management is a definitive asset
– Minimum of 10 years experience in human resources, 5 of which must be in a management role;
– Work experience in a unionized environment.
– In-depth knowledge of human resources management;
– Excellent knowledge of laws and standards related to human resources;
– Excellent knowledge of collective agreement negotiations and grievance management;
– Knowledge in complaint management;
– Excellent knowledge of French and a good knowledge of English, both oral and written and written;
– Strong propensity to conceive issues, orientations and decisions from a global organizational perspective and with an appreciation of the risks involved;
– Ability to solve complex problems by carefully and systematically evaluating information, alternatives and consequences;
– Excellent judgment in making decisions, strong ability to manage priorities, propensity for action and propensity to take action and deliver results on time;
– Demonstrates humility, managerial courage and the ability to work well under pressure;
– Demonstrates good adaptability and a high level of energy.
NB: This position could be based in one of the following locations: Bathurst, Campbellton, Caraquet, Edmundston, Lamèque, Moncton, Sainte-Anne de Kent, Saint-Quentin, Tracadie, Tracadie-Sheila, NB)
Our client believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. They will give fair consideration to all qualified individuals for this position.
The use of the masculine in our communications refers to both men and women.
If you want to take on this challenge and be part of a dynamic team in an exceptional work environment and think you can make a difference, you are the candidate we are looking for!
Please send us your résumé by e-mail as soon as possible, in complete confidentiality, mentioning Vitalité Health Network and the name of the position to the following representative: email@example.com
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Our client offers equal employment opportunities to all.